(HealthDay News) — More than 3 million people in the U.S. have some form of epilepsy, says the Epilepsy Foundation of Eastern Pennsylvania.
Seizures can last from seconds to minutes, and can cause convulsions.
- Cushion the head and remove any glasses.
- Loosen tight clothing.
- Turn the person on his or her side.
- Time the seizure.
- Don’t put anything in the mouth.
- Look for a form of identification.
- Do not hold the person down.
- Offer help as the seizure ends.
If a seizure lasts more than 5 minutes, the Epilepsy Foundation urges bystanders to call 911.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Article source: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=222320