(HealthDay News) — Keeping the kitchen clean can prevent sickness and improve the quality of health for you and your guests, says Wake Forest University. Many foodborne illnesses can be avoided with some extra care.
To help maintain cleanliness, the school suggests:
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap after dealing with raw foods.
- Use two or more cutting boards to help prevent cross contamination.
- Clean items used to prepare meat with hot water and soap.
- Never drink out of the carton.
- Do not overload the fridge.
- Reheat food at 165 degrees or higher.
- Defrost frozen foods in the refrigerator or microwave.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Article source: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=222846