Delhi

Madhya Pradesh Boy, 3, Dies After Swallowing Toy That Came With Snack

Bhopal: 

A three-year-old boy lost his life after choking on a toy found inside the packet of a local snack brand in Neemuch district of Madhya Pradesh.

The incident, which took place at Kenpuria village on November 3, prompted the authorities to seize a large number of packets of the snack and destroy them.

Rohit, the victim, apparently found a whistle packed inside as a freebie when he opened the snack packet, said district Food Security and Drug Control Officer Sanjeev Mishra.

The child chewed the whistle and tried to swallow it but it got stuck in the throat.

He was rushed to a hospital but the doctors could not save him, Mr Mishra said.

On his father’s complaint, the factory which manufactured the snack was raided and 1,800 packets were destroyed by setting them on fire, he said.

“We have also collected samples of other popular brands of snacks by seizing some 5,000 packets for testing,” the official said, adding that further probe was on.

Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24×7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

Article source: https://www.ndtv.com/cities/neemuch-madhya-pradesh-boy-3-dies-after-swallowing-toy-that-came-with-snack-2132650

Loading...

Related posts

Man, Eight-Year-Old Son Killed In Road Accident In UP’s Bareilly

Times of News

Tiger Kills Woman, Villagers Find Her Body In Three Parts In Rajasthan

Times of News

Top Manager At Hyderabad Hospital, Where Baby Died After Fire, Arrested

Times of News