Chennai

No discontentment against AIADMK rule in 8 years: Ramadoss

PMK founder S. Ramadoss on Thursday said that there has been no discontentment among people against the AIADMK government in the last eight years.

Addressing at an event to introduce PMK’s Chennai Central candidate Sam Paul, Dr. Ramadoss said, “It has been 72 years since India got Independence and Congress had been in power for 55 years. They first said that they would eradicate poverty. They later changed the slogan to ‘reduction of poverty’. Neither Congress nor their allies have done anything to eradicate poverty. But, AIADMK has been implementing good policies to eradicate poverty.”

Dr. Ramadoss claimed that he is supporting the AIADMK not because his party is in an alliance headed by it.

“The people have no discontentment with AIADMK’s rule in the last eight years. After Jayalalithaa’s demise, those in power now, including the Chief Minster, are united and working for people’s welfare,” he said.

Attacking the DMK-Congress alliance and the DMK’s candidate for Chennai Central, Dayanidhi Maran, Dr. Ramadoss claimed, “Dayanidhi Maran has been a MP and a Union Minister for 10 years. Ask anyone, if he has done anything for his constituency. People say that he didn’t do anything for anyone.”

Plagiarised version of PMK manifesto

Dr. Ramadoss alleged that the DMK’s manifesto was a plagiarised version of PMK’s manifesto which was released much earlier.

“As much as 90% of the contents in DMK manifesto has been copied. The rest of the 10%, which can be called original, is simply undoable. They have made promises which cannot be realised,” he claimed.

“The manifesto has no hero, no heroine…it only has a comedian,” Dr. Ramadoss quipped.

AIADMK leader and Fisheries Minister D. Jayakumar accused the Congress and the DMK of being responsible for the death of millions of Tamils in the final stages of the Sri Lankan civil war in 2009.

Article source: https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/no-discontentment-against-aiadmk-rule-in-8-years-ramadoss/article26602517.ece

Loading...

Best Wordpress Plugin development company in India     Best Web development company in India

Related posts

Child injured as battery car hits her in zoo

Times of News

Access to safe abortion remains a challenge, says study

Times of News

DMDK calls for emergency meet; AIADMK remains hopeful of tie-up

Times of News