Incessant rains in Karnataka have triggered landslides, blocking roads in the state that connect major cities within and outside the state. As of Saturday morning, fresh landslides were reported at Doddakoppalu near Marenahalli on Friday night. Vehicles moving towards Dharmasthala and Mangaluru were sent back to Sakleshpur due to heavy rains as further landslides are expected. The government has advised that vehicles lined from Gundya side towards Bengaluru be recalled.
All bus routes through Shiradi Ghat will be closed for vehicles till Sunday morning until further notice.
Bus routes from Bengaluru to Sringeri, Koppa, Mudigere, Sakleshpur, Horanadu, Kalsa, Sringeri, Sakleshpur, Dharmasthala, Mangaluru, Sultan batteri, Kozhikode and Thrissur are closed.
There are roadblocks on Sagar-Honnavar Road as well, due to heavy rain and landslides at Mavinagundi. The Mysuru-Nanjangud Road continues to remain blocked with all vehicles deviated through Narasipur.
Uppinangadi-Nelyadi road is also blocked near Kuttelu, the Dharmasthala-Mangaluru road is blocked near Chakrabetta and the Chitradurga-Shivamogga road is blocked near Holehonnur.
Bus services towards Kushalnagar and Madikeri have been stopped as the road connecting Ramanathapura-Konanur is also blocked.
Roadblocks near Keralapura has prompted services towards KR Nagar and Mysuru to be operated via Rudrapatna. There are no services towards Kangal due to the roadblock in Kattepura.
Holenarasipura-Channarayapatna road is also blocked with vehicles being operated via Agrahara.
Tungabhadra river backwaters have been flooded and this has resulted in roads getting blocked at Harihar and surrounding villages. Sarathi-Chikkabidari, Harihar-Tavaragundi, Harihar-Ukkadagathri routes are closed as no alternative routes are there.
These blockages have caused more than 20 KSRTC buses to be halted abruptly. Aid and relief have been provided to the passengers with the help of local administration.
Due to landslides on railway tracks and the flooding, the South Western Railways have also had to suspend operations on many routes.
Here is the list of cancellations and partial cancellations:
1) T. No 56276 Mysuru-Talaguppa Passenger and 56275 Talaguppa-Mysuru Passenger is partially cancelled between Shivamogga and Talaguppa.
2) T. No 20651 Bengaluru-Talaguppa Express and 20652 Talaguppa- Bangalore Express partially cancelled between Sagar Jambagaru-Talaguppa.
3) T. No 50405 Miraj Londa-Castle Rock Passenger and Belagavi- Castle Rock Passenger cancelled between Belagavi-Castle Rock.
5) T. No 16589 Bengaluru City Junction (Bengaluru) to Kolhapur partially cancelled from Miraj Junction Rani and Chennamma Express – 16590 – C Shahumharaj T to Bengaluru City Junction cancelled between Miraj and Kolhapur.
6) T. No 12630 Karnataka Sampark Kranti Express (Via Hubballi) is diverted via Manmad Junction-Rayadurg route
The following trains will be short terminated.
1.Train No.20651/20652 Journey Commencing 09.08.19 and 10.09.19 will be partially cancelled between Sagar Jambugagaru-Talaguppa
2.57275/56276 Journey Commencing on 09.08.19 and 10.08.19 will be partially cancelled between Shivamogga Town – Talaguppa
3.16227/16228 Journey Commencing on 09.08.19 will be partially cancelled between Shivamogga Town- Talaguppa.
4.16542 Pandharpur Bangalore express will stop at all stations from Hubballi to Arsikere due to cancellation of .56916/56915 UBL-JRU passenger.
Article source: https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/karnataka-floods-full-list-trains-and-buses-cancelled-or-diverted-saturday-106974