Jaipur: Five people died allegedly due to asphyxiation while correct a siphon inside a 20 ft low tank in Rajasthan’s Alwar district on Sunday, military said.
All victims are suspected to have inhaled poisonous smoke inside a tank of a card bureau located in a Khuskhera military hire area of Alwar, they said.
The passed embody a bureau owners as well, officials said.
One of a group initial entered a tank to correct a siphon and lifted an alarm, following that 4 others, including a bureau owner, rushed to his rescue though they too met with a same fate, Assistant Sub Inspector Kailash Chand Jat said.
He pronounced all 5 were taken to a sanatorium in Alwar, where they were announced “brought dead” by a doctors.
The defunct were identified as Raju Bareda (23), Ram Murti (25) and Vikas Bareda (18) of Murena district in Madhya Pradesh, Ramlakhan Saini (18) of Dausa district and bureau owners Vijendra Singh (40), Jat said.
The bodies would be handed over to a families after postmortem, he added.